Mendelson's of Mogilev-Belarus, Russia

Mendelson's of Mogilev-Belarus, Russia
Mendelson's of Mogilev Circa 1909-1912

Monday, January 23, 2012


Hi All
This is a photo of a variety/dry goods store that was operated by my great-grandfather Adolph Greenberg. It was called Greenberg Variety or the Grand 5-10-25 cent store. The photo is from the 1920's on on State Street in Bridgeport-CT. I find the photo amazing. Adolph Abraham Greenberg was born in 1882-1884 in Hertza-Dorohoi, Romania. He immigrated to America in 1907, married and had six kids. My big brick walls with this line is tracing himback to Romania and finding out what happened to his parents or siblings. I found a POT on yadvashem a few years ago that I am sure is a connection. The sad fact is that the daughter that submitted it is desceased for many years, so the trail goes cold. I have no idea if the daughter had any children, so there is no one else to contact. If anyone has any connections with Greenberg;s from dorohoi please contact me. If you know where I can get help with research in that area also please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment